We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

16.3.18

Thank-You Letter


Thank-You Letter


My dear friend,
I wanted to thank you

You gave me a bookmark,
do you remember?

You chose it thoughtfully,
especially for me.

In beautiful writing, it says:
"My soul is tranquil and at peace."

And I realise, ever since,
it has been.

You are a worker of magic!
I should have known.

You tell the truth
and you give love.

Those are both
essential requirements

for good magic
that really works.

Bless you!
– Love and kisses.


Written in response to Karin's request, at "imaginary garden with real toads", for epistolary ("Dear") poems.


18 comments:

  1. Thank-you notes are a sign of good breeding. So they tell me down at the billiard hall! I fixed your link issue. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, this friend IS part angel! And part wise woman. (According to Doreen Virtue's "Earth Angels" book.)

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Such a good friend you are to write such a thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely thank you letter, Rosemary! I remember sitting at my grandmother's table to write thank you letters for birthday and Christmas gifts. And bookmarks are magical to those of us who love to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful letter, Rosemary!💖 Such friends are truly rare to find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Thank you letter. This is indeed classy.
    Luv it

    Much🌼love

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo nice a Thank You note, Rosemary. Don't you just love.getting them. Your phrase, "good magic that really works" is clever.
    p.s. More and more we are getting Thank You's via email. Mrs. Jim still post mails hers.
    We even received a Wedding Invitation by email from the groom of our neice's wedding. We didn't know his name and didn't open it. My sister asked if we'd be there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I did send this thank-you poem to the person concerned via email. But I do think wedding invitations by email is a bit much! Are we old-fashioned, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had been the one to give you the bookmark. A lovely letter-poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A bookmark is a great gift to a book-lover... a poem to thank you is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I treasure my bookmarks, especially those given as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think thank you notes are some of the best mail I've ever written or received.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great bookmark is wonderful (better than that bit of toilet paper :)

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!